Monday, December 27, 2010

I Need Your Lovin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Loss of an Angel...

I do feel "Robbed"...I miss You Lady T!
Teena Marie - It Must Be Magic
A Classic...Get it if you don't already own!
Teena Marie,Starchild,UK,Deleted,LP RECORD,417792
And another classic...
 
I hadn't planned to blog while I'm on Holiday, but I just was blown away by the devastating news of one of the greatest R&B singers that has graced my ears! Ms. Teena Marie passed away yesterday and I am more than sad about it. All I have to say is Portuguese Love, Square Biz, Fire & Desire, I Need Your Lovin', Lover Girl, Casanova Brown, and on and on...If you aren't familiar with Lady T( as Sir Rick James used to call her) here's some more info...R&B singer Teena Marie has died. The 54 year old singer died Sunday in her sleep at her home. She was discovered by her daughter. An official cause of death has not been released but Marie was treated for seizures last month.
Marie was born Mary Christine Brockert on March 5 in Santa Monica, California. Busting onto the music scene when she was just 19, Marie made history when was the first white artist signed to Motown where she worked with funk legend Rick James. Fearing backlash from her black fans, Motown did not put a photo of Teena Marie on her debut album. As a result there was a bit of shock when her photo appeared on the second album, but fans loved the sound of her silky soul voice.
Aretha is the “Queen of soul” but Teena Marie is the “Ivory Queen of soul”. Radio One founder Cathy Hughes said, “Teena was a black voice trapped in a white body.”
The gold album selling four time Grammy nominated artist found her popularity fading at the end of the eighties but was working on reviving her career most recently. Just before her death Marie was looking forward to an appearance in Atlanta in the next few weeks. (source:
Sherrill Fulghum is based in Niagara Falls, New York, United States of America, and is Anchor for Allvoices )

I will be playing your songs all day and week long! You will be missed, Angel, but your music and inspiration will live on forever!


Live Long and Let the Music Play!!!!!!!!

No comments: