Thursday, February 24, 2011

My First Recipe Exchange-Light and Spicy!!!!!


Chicken/Tomatoes/Mushroom/Onions/Garlic

Almost complete

All together...Yummy!

Since I have been trying to increase my cooking repertoire, I decided I would take part in Pretty Mommy's recipe exchange(thanks for hosting and getting me in the kitchen, Michelle)! I really wanted to try out a chicken Marsala recipe I found at Pearls and Green Tea and I must say it was quite a hit!!! I made a few adaptations to the original recipe since I couldn't find a bottle of Marsala(try shopping with a busy 2-year old and then you will understand why by search was short), I substituted with a cooking white wine(the light) and added a little red pepper flakes(the spice) for spice and the rest was "belly" history...I hope you enjoy too!

Chicken Marsala Pasta w/ Sundried Tomatoes
What You Need:
- 2 lbs of mushrooms (cremini or portabella)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
-1 large onion chopped
- 1 bottle of marsala wine or 1/2 cup of white wine for cooking
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1lb of chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of flour
-italian seasoning about 1 teaspoon
-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
-1 pack of shredded parmesan (about 1 1/4 cup)
-1 box of penne pasta
-4-5 cloves of garlic( the more the better)

Putting it all together:
1) boil water and add in pasta
2) cube chicken and coat with salt, pepper, seasoning and flour.

3) sautee chicken in a large pot with butter or olive oil.

4) add onions and mushrooms.
5) add the rest of the butter, cream, parmesan and minced garlic....stir until the cheese is melted....add in salt and red pepper flakes and marsala.....taste the sauce and add salt and pepper accordingly
7) stir everything and add in the pasta


Live Long and Eat Well!!!!!

5 comments:

passion foodie said...

Look at you. Impressive. Looks delish! Will for sure add to the PF "to make" list!

Unknown said...

This looks super fanatstic - can't wait to try it...

Fashionista Extraordinaire said...

Thanks,ladies!!! You wont be disappointed! The husband couldn't get enough!!!

Barbie // Fringe and Feathers said...

Ah, this will be a sure winner. Thanks for sharing!

Fashionista Extraordinaire said...

Thanks, Barbie!!! Enjoy!!